Hi! I'm a technology, features, and lifestyle editor born in Melbourne, Australia and currently based in New York.
Currently the Deputy Ideas Editor at Quartz and formerly the Editor of Kinfolk magazine, I have fused my background in lifestyle journalism with my passion for emerging technology. I bring a quality-of-life focus to the future's most pressing topics and translate dense, academic subjects into engaging content. I have edited New York Times best-selling books, concepted innovative digital projects, and led award-winning teams of journalists and designers.
Aside from editing and writing, I'm a public speaker and panel moderator—including talking about blockchain at the UN, evolutionary psychology at Creative Mornings, and empathy in VR at Future of Storytelling Festival—and business consultant who helps future-thinking companies speak to their audience in a language they understand.
- Deputy Ideas Editor at Quartz (2016-present)
- Editor of Kinfolk magazine (2013-2016)
- Editor of the New York Times best-selling book The Kinfolk Home (2015)
- Assistant Editor of frankie magazine (2010-2013)
- Remix NYC, New York (2018)
- Remix SYD, Sydney (2017)
- United Nations General Assembly, Blockchain for Social Impact, New York (2017)
- Creative Mornings NYC, New York (2017)
- Funny as Tech, New York (2017)
- Future of Storytelling Festival, New York (2016, 2017)
- Vivid Ideas Festival, Sydney (2016)
- ACMI Speaker Series, Melbourne (2016)
- The Moth StorySLAM, Portland (2015)
- Wieden+Kennedy's "Be Honest," Portland (2015)
- Portland State University's "Show & Tell" and "Transmit Culture," Portland (2015)
- Perth International Arts Festival, Perth (2015)
- PechaKucha PDX, Portland (2014)